Nyenrode Business University enjoys a good national and international reputation and is a highly ranked European business school. Education and research in Accounting, Auditing & Control is a core area in Nyenrode’s activities. The university intends to strengthen its important academic position by appointing a full professor to the Center of Accounting, Auditing & Control. The chair will focus on research and education in the field of auditing & assurance. We prefer candidates who have the ambition and capabilities to further connect and inspire the current group of auditing & assurance researchers in the Center.
The field of auditing & assurance focuses on the independent and professional auditing of financial statements, the broader assurance and risk reporting role of the auditor, and the raison d'être of the accounting profession. Research focuses on topics such as drivers for audit quality, assurance on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) information, fraud and corporate governance. These topics are studied at Nyenrode from a variety of academic disciplines and different perspectives. The Center's various members work from these diverse disciplines, and their work is published in highly rated international journals. The Center collaborates nationally and internationally with other universities and with external and visiting professors in research projects.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring audit researcher with good leadership qualities, leadership skills, and a strong professional network. He/she should have a clear vision for addressing current scientific challenges in the field of Auditing & Assurance in general, and the field of research in Auditing & Assurance in particular. The professor will collaborate with national and international research institutes, universities, and companies - including accounting firms - to further fulfill the research ambitions of Nyenrode Business University.
The following job requirements are relevant to the Chair:
- a PhD in auditing or accounting.
- a demonstrable track record of scientific, professional, and technical publications in the field of auditing & assurance that enables the Center to maintain and further develop a strong research position.
- a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing innovative educational programs. The chair also provides executive education for Nyenrode’s educational programs, such as in-house auditing programs for a broad and demanding audience.
- being able to realize the transfer of state-of-the-art research and theories to (professional) practice.
- demonstrably capable of successfully supervising undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
- a strong scientific and professional network to operate effectively on the bridge between science and practice.
- excellent didactic qualities and affinity with the content of bachelor and (post-)master programs.
- good management and communication skills and willingness to cooperate and contribute to managerial tasks.
- good English speaking and writing skills, Dutch speaking and writing skills are desirable but not a necessity.
Nyenrode Business Universiteit can be characterized by a combination of a prominent level of professionalism and an informal atmosphere. Salary will depend on position and qualifications. Tax benefits may apply. The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility for a permanent position.
The university is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to maintaining an intellectually and culturally diverse faculty. Internationals, minorities, women, and personas with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Nyenrode offers a competitive salary with attractive secondary benefits. For more information on Nyenrode visit www.nyenrode.nl.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their application (a cover letter, curriculum vitae, one or two recently published papers, recent teaching evaluations, and three references) to email@example.com. Should you have any questions about this vacancy you can contact Cokky Hilhorst, Professor of Business and IT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Nyenrode Business Universiteit ambition is to create an inclusive working environment where everybody feels involved, valued and recognized. In addition to your talent, experience and motivation, the specific aspects of your identity enriches our organization in various ways. Talent as basis, diversity as power.