Cokky Hilhorst is professor
of Business & IT. Her research is at the interface of business and
technology and concentrates on decision-making, risk and IT investments. Her
work combines insights from different academic fields, such as management, economics,
information systems, and computer science. Cokky combines knowledge of
digitalization of organizations with knowledge and understanding of software
systems and its applications. She teaches on topics such as IT investments,
data analytics and digital transformation.
Cokky worked for years at
PwC as Director Consulting Technology. More recently, she set up and led the Bureau
ICT-toetsing to fulfill the political mandate of the Dutch parliament to get a
grip on government IT investments.
Cokky studied Artificial Intelligence at Utrecht University and specialized in
theoretical computer science and mathematical logic. She holds an MSc in
Information Management from TIAS Business School and a PhD in Economics and
Management from Tilburg University. Her PhD was awarded the Prof. dr. Aart
Bosman Dissertation Prize for best dissertation in Information Systems 2011 in
the Benelux. Her work has been published in Decision Support Systems,
Health and the European Journal on Information Systems.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Grant Thornton Netherlands.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of ZorgSaam Zorggroep
- Member of the audit committee National police
- Cokky was research student at the University of Cambridge and visiting researcher at the Graduate School of Management, Paul Cézanne University - Aix-Marseille III.
Most relevant publications
- Benschop, N., Hilhorst, C.A.R., Nuijten, A., Keil, M. (2020) ‘Business Case Language Cues: An Early Warning Signal for Overruns in IS Projects?’ European Journal of Information Systems, 29, 2.
- Hilhorst, C.A.R. (2019). Stoppen met gissen: naar betere beslissingen over IT-investeringen. Inaugurele rede Nyenrode Business Universiteit, ISBN 978-90-8980-131-9.
- Dehzad, F., Hilhorst, C., De Bie, C., Claassen, E. (2014) ‘Adopting health apps, what's hindering doctors and patients?’, Health, 2014, 6, 2204-2217, published online september 2014 in SciRes, scirp.org/journal/health.
- Grahlmann, K., Helms, R.W., Hilhorst, C.A.R., Brinkkemper, S., Van Amerongen, S (2011). Reviewing enterprise content management: A functional framework, European Journal of Information Systems, 21, 3, p. 268–286.
- C.A.R. Hilhorst, P.M.A. Ribbers, E. van Heck, M.T. Smits (2008), ‘Combining multi-attribute decision analysis with uncertainty and real options analysis to evaluate IT infrastructure implementation strategies’, Decision Support System. 46, 1, p. 344-355.