Prof. Dr. Cokky Hilhorst is Professor of Business Information Systems and Director of Nyenrode's Faculty Research Center for Accounting, Auditing & Control at Nyenrode Business University.
In her work she combines insights from different academic disciplines, such as economics, computer science and information management. Cokky combines knowledge of the digitization of organizations with knowledge of software systems and their applications. She teaches on topics such as IT investments, decision making and risk, data and digital transformation. Have a look at her publication list.
Hilhorst studied Artificial Intelligence at Utrecht University and specialized in theoretical computer science and mathematical logic. She holds an MSc in Information Management from TIAS Business School and obtained a PhD from the Faculty of Economics and Management at Tilburg University. Her dissertation was awarded the Prof. Dr. Aart Bosman Dissertation Prize for the best dissertation in Information Systems 2011 in the Benelux. Her work has been published in Decision Support Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, Information & Management, Government Information Quarterly and Health.
Hillhorst worked for many years at PwC, as Director Technology. More recently, she successfully set up and led the government's political mandate of the Dutch parliament to get a grip on government IT investments. In addition to her work at Nyenrode, she is a supervisor in the public and private sector.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Grant Thornton Netherlands.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of ZorgSaam Zorggroep
- Member of the audit committee National police
- Hilhorst was research student at the University of Cambridge and visiting researcher at the Graduate School of Management, Paul Cézanne University - Aix-Marseille III.
Most relevant publications
- Hilhorst, C., Behrens, C., Brouwer, E., Sneller, L. (2022). Efficiency Gains of Information Technology in Municipalities. Government Information Quarterly.
- Benschop, N., Nuijten, A., Hilhorst, C.A.R., Keil, M. (2022). Undesirable Framing Effects in Information Systems Projects: Analysis of Adjective Usage in IS Project Business Cases. Information & Management, 59, 3.
- Benschop, N., Hilhorst, C.A.R., Nuijten, A., Keil, M. (2020) ‘Business Case Language Cues: An Early Warning Signal for Overruns in IS Projects?’ European Journal of Information Systems, 29, 2.
- Dehzad, F., Hilhorst, C., De Bie, C., Claassen, E. (2014) ‘Adopting health apps, what's hindering doctors and patients?’, Health, 2014, 6, 2204-2217.
- Grahlmann, K., Helms, R.W., Hilhorst, C.A.R., Brinkkemper, S., Van Amerongen, S (2011). Reviewing enterprise content management: A functional framework, European Journal of Information Systems, 21, 3, p. 268–286.
- C.A.R. Hilhorst, P.M.A. Ribbers, E. van Heck, M.T. Smits (2008), ‘Combining multi-attribute decision analysis with uncertainty and real options analysis to evaluate IT infrastructure implementation strategies’, Decision Support System. 46, 1, p. 344-355.