Dr. Jeroen Veldman is Associate Professor in International Economics and Businesses at Nyenrode Business University. He is part of Nyenrode's Faculty Research Center for Entrepreneurship, Governance & Stewardship.
The common thread in Jeroen's activities is the Modern Corporation Project. This interdisciplinary project connects academic research with practitioner insights to enable long-term value creation. The Modern Corporation Project received the International Impactful Collaboration Award from the Academy Of Management Practice Theme Committee & International Theme Committees in August 2019.
- Associate Editor, Section Corporate Governance, Journal of Business Ethics
- Member, Nyenrode Corporate Governance Institute
- Honorary Researcher, Bayes Business School, City University, London, UK
- Associate Researcher, Chaire Théorie de l’Entreprise, Paris MinesTech
- Associate Researcher, Dynamics of Inclusive Prosperity Project, Erasmus University
- Gastwissenschaftler, WU Vienna
- Associate Member, European Corporate Governance Institute
Most relevant publications
- Veldman and Willmott (2022) Social ontology of the Modern Corporation: Its Role in Understanding Organizations, Research in the Sociology of Organizations
- Meyer, Leixnering and Veldman (2022) The Corporation: Rethinking the Iconic Form of Business Organization, Research in the Sociology of Organizations
- Gindis, Veldman, and Willmott (2020), “Convergent and divergent trajectories of corporate governance”, Competition and Change
- Veldman and Willmott (2020), “Performativity and Convergence in Comparative Corporate Governance.” Competition & Change
- Veldman and Jansson (2020), “Planetary Boundaries and Corporate Reporting: The Role of the Conceptual Basis of the Corporation”. Accounting, Economics and Law
- Enneking and Veldman (2019). Towards Responsible Business Conduct in Global Value Chains: Relevant Legal Developments in the Netherlands. Erasmus Law Review, 4.
- Lokin and Veldman (2019), “The potential of the Dutch Corporate Governance Model for Stakeholders and Sustainability”, Erasmus Law Review, 4.
- Veldman and Willmott (2017) “Social ontology and the Modern Corporation”, Cambridge Journal of Economics 41(5): pp. 1489–1504.
- Veldman, J. and Willmott, H. (2016) 'The cultural grammar of governance: The UK Code of Corporate Governance, reflexivity, and the limits of ‘soft’ regulation', Human Relations 69(3), pp. 581-603.