Prof. dr. ir. Henk Kievit is professor Entrepreneurship and Ecosystems at Nyenrode Business University. He is also director of Nyenrode's Faculty Research Center for Entrepreneurship, Governance & Stewardship as well as the Director of (Executive) MBA Programs;
He teaches on on a range of topics as (Regional) Ecosystems; Governance of Triple- and Quadruple Helix, (Social) Entrepreneurship & (Social) Venture Capital topics in the general management & executive MBA programs at Nyenrode Business Universiteit. In his teaching he applies a mix of methodologies: traditional lectures, case studies, audience respons and online learning environments. His research focuses on governance of society, entrepreneurship & innovation- and digital transformation and digital ecosystems activities, to help understand the entrepreneurial orientation in transitions in society. He has published in journals as the Journal of Technology Transfer, International Business Review, Sustainability, Agronomy Journal, European Journal of Marketing and Corporate Governance (Bingley) and is an active member of the academic society.
Kievit received a Master’s of Science in Agricultural Economics from the Wageningen University (1994) and obtained his PhD at the Nyenrode Business University (2011). His dissertation was titled: Social Venturing Entrepreneurship – a positioning. See for a summary in English: SVE-dissertation.
Kievit is involved in a number of activities in the field of innovation- and digital ecosystem, agricultural transition in the Foodvalley region and private wealth social venturing entrepreneurship and (venture) philanthropy. Prior to joining Nyenrode as a research associate (2005), he worked in the international business of information technology and a private family philanthropy and impact investments organization, with a dedicated private equity social venturing fund in the Netherlands.
- Lecturer Organizational Service at Christelijke Hogeschool Ede;
- Chairman ICT Valley Foundation;
- Chairman of the Agricultural Network of the Foodvalley Region;
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the De Schutse foundation, audit committee.
Kievit’s research is conducted with (international) colleagues in the international perspective of sustainability, digital transformation and transitions. He invites international colleagues to teach at Nyenrode, and is involved in online MBA courses development. He is visiting professor Entrepreneurial Ecosystems to the Silesian University of Technology, Biomedical Engineering faculty in Poland.
History, philosophy and long hikes in the forests, meadows and Swiss mountains, besides reading
Most relevant publications
- Zhang, J., Kievit, H., Gorp, D. van, (2022) Digital technology and national entrepreneurship: An ecosystem perspective; Journal of Technology Transfer; online available 17th May, 2022
- Zhang, J., Gorp, D. van., Ebbers, H., Zhoub, C., Kievit, H., (2022) Organizational legitimacy of emerging multinational enterprises: An individual perspective; International Business Review, online available 12 May, 2022
- Nuis, J.W., Peters, P., Blomme, R., Kievit, H., (2021) Dialogues in Sustainable HRM: Examining and Positioning Intended and Continuous Dialogue in Sustainable HRM Using a Complexity Thinking Approach; Sustainability, 13(19), pp1-20; 10853
- Engelberts, L., Rheede, A. van, H. Kievit, A. Nijhof; (2021); Appreciating Multiple Realities in the Transformation towards a Sustainable Dairy Sector: an Explorative Study from the Inside-out Perspective; Agronomy Journal; special issue “Farmers’ Adoption of Agricultural Innovations and their Impact”. 11, 2116.
- Van Hal, A., Kievit, H. and Nijhof, A. (2020), CSR in the Netherlands (chapter 17), 380-392. In: Idowu, S. (eds.), Current Global Practices of Corporate Social Responsibility: In the Era of Sustainable Development Goals, Springer.
- Mattas, K., Kievit, H., van Dijk, G., Baourakis, G., Zopounidis, (Eds.), (2020), Sustainable Food Chains and Ecosystems; Cooperative Approaches for a Changing World, Springer.
- Akterujjaman, S.M., Mulder, R., Kievit, H., (2020) The influence of strategic orientation on co-creation in smart city projects: enjoy the benefits of collaboration. International Journal of Construction Management
- Bakker, M., Nijhof., A., Kievit., H. (2019) Can the customer still be king in the era of sustainability?" exploring encroachment: value propositions and the modes of disruptive innovation on attracting new customers. European Journal of Marketing; 53(10), pp. 2126-2145.
- Lambooy, T., Kievit, H., Argyrou, A., Blomme, R.J., & Vuletic O. (2018). The contribution of social enterprises to solving crises in Europe: Case Study Report - The sustainable business model of Dopper BV in the Netherlands. In B.K. Sjåfjell, C. Villiers, and G. Tsagas (Eds.), Sustainable Value Creation under EU Law (pp. ). Cambridge University Press.
- Nijhof. A., Roger. L., Kievit. H., Lenssen. G., (2014) How to finance the transition to a more sustainable global economy and society? Corporate Governance, The international journal of business in society. 14 (5). Pp. 589-597.