Prof. Dr. Ivo Arnold is Professor of Economics at Nyenrode Business Universiteit. He is part of Nyenrode's Faculty Research Center for Corporate Reporting, Finance & Tax. His main research interests are European monetary and financial integration, financial intermediation and economics education.
He currently teaches Managerial Economics and International Money and Finance. At Nyenrode, he received fourteen outstanding teaching awards.
Arnold received his Master’s degree in
Economics (with honors) from Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam in 1988 where in
1996, he also obtained his PhD with a thesis on European monetary policy.
- Professor of
Economics at Erasmus School of Economics.
- Vice Dean at Erasmus
School of Economics as well as Director of Education.
- Associate Editor of the Journal of
International Money and Finance
Most relevant publications
- Can pure play internet banking survive the credit crisis, (with S. van Ewijk), Journal of Banking and Finance, 2011, 35(4), 783-793.
- A state space approach to measuring the impact of sovereign and credit risk on interest rate convergence in the euro area (with S.E. van Ewijk). Journal of International Money and Finance, 2014, 49 (Part B), 340-357.
- Cheating at online formative tests: Does it pay off? The Internet and Higher Education, 2016, 29, 98-106.
- Internal or external devaluation? What does the EC Consumer Survey tell us about macroeconomic adjustment in the Euro area? (with B. Soederhuizen), Journal of International Money and Finance, 2016, 64, 88-103, ISSN 0261-5606.
- The missing spillover of base expansion into monetary aggregates: Is there a puzzle? (with B. Soederhuizen), Journal of Macroeconomics, 2018, 55, 64-76.