My mission is to bring state of the art knowledge to students and prepare them for a role in business and help businesses prepare for the future through insights based on academic work.
Kitty Koelemeijer is Professor of Marketing at Nyenrode Business Universiteit and director of the Center for Marketing & Supply Chain Management. Faculty in her center work in the field of marketing, supply chain management and operations management. They are the best that Nyenrode has to offer in terms of research and education. In addition, she has sponsored chairs that cover important fields.
She graduated at Wageningen University in Economics (summa cum laude). In 2000 she defended her PhD at Wageningen University. Kitty has always combined academic work with entrepreneurship. During the past ten years she has added supervisory board positions and invested in technology startups.
- Supervisory Board Member at various (public) companies: e.g., Intergamma, Brunel, B&S Group, CB Logistics, Coram International, Dutch Home Owners Association
- Board member at Foundation for Handicapped Sports
- Investor and entrepreneur
Kitty has taught at several Universities abroad, most notably at ALBA Graduate Business School at the American University of Athens.
Most relevant publications
- Koelemeijer, Kitty & Harmen Oppewal (1999) Assessing the effects of assortment and ambience: a choice experimental approach, Journal of Retailing, 75 (3), 319-345.
- Krishan, Trichy; Koelemeijer, Kitty & Ram Rao (2002) Consistent assortment provision and service provision in a retail environment, Marketing Science,21 (1), 54-73.
- Oppewal, Harmen & Kitty Koelemeijer (2005) More choice is better: Effects of assortment size and composition on assortment evaluation, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 22 (1), 45-60.
- Blijleven, Vincent; Koelemeijer, Kitty & Monique Jaspers (2019) SEWA: A framework for sociotechnical analysis of electronic health record system workarounds, International Journal of Medical Informatics, 125, 71-78.
- Blijleven, Vincent; Koelemeijer, Kitty & Monique Jaspers (2017) Identifying and eliminating inefficiencies in information system usage: A lean perspective, International Journal of Medical Informatics, 107, 40-47.