"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Max Planck)
Prof Dr Leen Paape is proud to be the Chairman of the Nyenrode Corporate Governance Institute, where we as a team of some 25 colleagues from various disciplines we try to enhance our research, to further our educational programs, to lead the debate, and provide solutions for wicked problems in the domain of corporate governance.
Having been around in the business community for some 25 years in various roles, Paape is now a professor for almost 13 years, trying to connect the dots between academia and practice. By doing so he can add value for our research and programs in the risk management and corporate governance space.
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Unive Dichtbij (insurance company)
- Chairman of the Foundation Board of the pension fund of SNS Reaal
- Chairman of the Identification Board of NBA
- Chairman of the Practical Training Council of NBA
- Member of the Board of Stichting BOOR
- Member of the Committee Quality and Social Interest Flynth Accountants & Advisors
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Center for Organizational Integrity
- Member of the Advisory Board Beterboeken.nl
- Member of the Academic Council Impact Economy Foundation
Golf, cooking, fitness, reading (a lot), boxing
Most relevant publications
- Paape, Leen and Spekle, Roland F., The Adoption and Design of Enterprise Risk Management Practices: An Empirical Study (January 20, 2011). European Accounting Review, February 2012.
- Melis, D.A.M. and Paape, L. and Lückerath-Rovers, M., 'Enforceability of Institutional Investors’ Responsibilities in Corporate Governance Through the Dutch Corporate Governance Code: Are Regulators and Practitioners on the Same Page (December 7,2011).
- Allegrini M., D'Onza, G., Paape, L., Melville, R. and Sarens, G.(2006), "The European literature review on internal auditing", Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol. 21 No. 8, pp. 845-853.
- Paape, L., Scheffe, J., Snoep, P. (2003). The Relationship Between the Internal Audit Function and Corporate Governance in the EU – a Survey.
- Allegrini, M., Melville, R., Paape, L. et al. Special issue on “Internal audit and corporate governance”: Introduction. Journal of Management & Governance 13, 1–3 (2009).