Sharing my knowledge and experiences to serve society gives me happiness.
Prof. dr. Marcel Snippe RA is professor of Formal Tax Law at Nyenrode Business Universiteit. He is part of the Nyenrode's Faculty Expertise Center Corporate Reporting, Finance & Tax
Snippe has been associated with Nyenrode Business Universiteit since 1997. After providing a variety of lectures at the intersection of accountancy and tax law, he has been a department coordinator within the Master's program in Tax Law since 2019.
After studying Accountancy and Tax Law/ Information Management, Snippe joined the Tax Administration within the Ministry of Finance. His goal has always been to be of service to society with groundbreaking activities. This consists of lecturing at the university, as well as:
- Developing war-affected areas as a reserve officer (lieutenant colonel) from the Department of Defense.
- Helping and supporting foreign tax authorities all-over-the-world in tax systems.
- Helping in the church and society as a deacon from the church.
- Providing development assistance by drilling wells in Africa.
- Participating on boards of charitable foundations.
- Leading a project for the OECD aimed at improving tax compliance internationally and reducing administrative burdens for tax purposes.
Based on international developments, Snippe wants to align taxation with the ecosystem of SMEs. In doing so, his aim is to achieve a tax system where meeting tax obligations for SME entrepreneurs is as easy as possible and they can focus on 'doing business' and 'tax just happens'.
Strategic advisor on formal tax law board Tax Administration SMEs
Assisting foreign tax authorities in developing tax systems for all kinds of international (aid) organizations.
Project leader at the OECD in the program 'Supporting SMEs how to get tax right.'
In his free time Snippe enjoys reading, long distance hiking with his wife and friends, running and all kinds of physical and intellectual challenges at home and abroad.