“Money is not the only answer, but it makes a
difference” (Barack Obama)
Dr. René P. Orij is an associate professor at Nyenrode Business University. He is part of Nyenrode's Faculty Research Center for Corporate Reporting, Finance & Tax. Orij teaches and performs research. He
also chairs the Nyenrode AoL committee and he is a member of the Nyenrode
Orij is an accounting scholar with a focus on the blend of corporate financial and social issues. His mission is to support students in gaining understanding and skills on how to deal with non-financial corporate performance, regarding the stewardship-role of businesses. He is a dedicated lecturer.
- Member of the panel of experts of the transparency benchmark of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy of the Netherlands (2018 - present).
- Member of the Members' Council of Rabobank Alkmaar e.o. (2021 - present).
- Member of the Editorial Board - Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation.
- Associate Editor - Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment.
- Member of the Editorial Board - Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie.
Orij was an international banker
(Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg, and Vietnam). Now he is performing research
in international contexts and in international projects.
He coaches his kids’ sports teams during the
weekend – field hockey and soccer.
Most recent publications
- Gull, A. A., Hussain, N., Khan, S. A., Mushtaq, R., Orij, R. (forthcoming). The power of the CEO and environmental decoupling. Business Strategy and the Environment.
- Breijer, R., & Orij, R. P. (2022). The Comparability of Non-Financial Information: An Exploration of the Impact of the Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD, 2014/95/EU). Accounting in Europe, 1-29.
- Orij, R., Breijer, R., & Erkens, M. (2022). Veel soorten rapporten met niet-financiële informatie–door de bomen het bos weer zien?. Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, 96(11/12), 367-376.
- Kamp-Roelands, N., Looijenga, M., & Orij, R. (2021). Rapporteren over impact. Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, 95, 421.
- Orij, R. P., Rehman, S., Khan, H., & Khan, F. (2021). Is CSR the new competitive environment for CEOs? The association between CEO turnover, corporate social responsibility and board gender diversity: Asian evidence. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 28(2), 731-747.
- Hussain, N., Rigoni, U., & Orij, R. P. (in paper 2018, online 2016). Corporate Governance and Sustainability Performance: Analysis of Triple Bottom Line Performance. Journal of Business Ethics: 1-22.
- Orij, R. (2015). Corporate Social and Environmental Reporting Institutionalized. Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, 11(2), 112-123.