Imagine the future, it is ours to shape.
Dr. ir. Wolter Lemstra is core teacher for the topic Digital, Strategy & Transformation, he coordinates thesis projects in the field of strategy, and coaches students with their thesis projects in the field of strategy and innovation. Wolter enjoys supporting students with solving real life business problems.
In 1978 Wolter received his ‘Ingenieurs’-degree Cum Laude at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the TUDelft, with telecommunications as specialization. He entered the telecom business with Philips Telecommunications Industry BV. Subsequently he worked at AT&T and Lucent Technologies. Most recently (until 2001) as Vice-President responsible for marketing and business development in the EMEA region.
From 2001 until 2016 he was Senior Research Fellow of the Section Economics of Infrastructures at the Department Technology, Policy & Management of the Delft University of Technology (TUDelft), The Netherlands. In 2006 he successfully defended his PhD dissertation exploring and explaining the impact of the Telecom/Internet bubble on the development path of the telecommunication sector.
In 2015 he joined the Brussels-based thinktank CERRE (Centre on Regulation in Europe) as Research Fellow and Academic Council Member. In 2016 he joined Nyenrode in a parttime role. Wolter links his academic interests to 25 years of business experience in the telecom industry, and he enjoys sharing his broad experience with students to help them to become successful.
- Member Industry Advisory Council ,Department Electrical Engineering, Technical University, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Co-founder and manager of the Cognitive Radio Platform NL
- Guest lecturer TU/Eindhoven
- Research Fellow and Academic Council member of the Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE), Brussels, Belgium.
- Guest lecturer London School of Economics
- Visiting Senior Research Fellow at the Centre on Communication, Media and the Internet, Aalborg University, Copenhagen campus, Denmark.
In addition of thinking, solid craftsmanship like gardening, cooking and golf fits.
Most Relevant Publications
- Lemstra, W. (2018) “Leadership with 5G in Europe: Two contrasting images of the future, with policy and regulatory implications.” Telecommunications Policy 42(2018)587-611. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2018.02.003
- Lemstra, W. and Melody, W.H. (2016). “The telecom market and industry perspective”. In : Eds. Finger, M. and Jaag, C. The Routledge Companion in Network Industries. London: Routledge.
- Lemstra, W., Groenewegen, J.P.M., De Vries, P. and Akalu, R.A. (2014). “Two perspectives on trading in radio spectrum usage rights: Coase and Commons compared.” Journal of Institutional Economics, Available on CJO 2014 doi:10.1017/S1744137414000563
- Lemstra, W. and Melody, W.H. (2015). Authors and Editors. The dynamics of broadband markets in Europe – Realizing the 2020 Digital Agenda. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Lemstra, W., Hayes, V. and Groenewegen, J. P. M. (2010). Authors and Editors. The innovation journey of Wi‑Fi - The road to global success. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. pp415.
- Selected as “2011 Outstanding Title!” by CHOICE Current Reviews for Academic Libraries in the category Science & Technology / Engineering.