“Money is not the only answer, but it makes a
difference” (Barack Obama)
Dr. René P. Orij is an associate professor at the Center for
Corporate Reporting, Finance & Tax. He teaches and performs research. He
also chairs the Nyenrode AoL committee and he is a member of the Nyenrode
René is an accounting scholar with a focus on the blend of corporate financial and social issues. His mission is to support students in gaining understanding and skills on how to deal with non-financial corporate performance, regarding the stewardship-role of businesses.
René was once an international banker, now he is an innovative scholar with a focus on integrated corporate reporting - the future of reporting in a changing society. He is a dedicated lecturer.
- Member of the panel of experts of the transparency benchmark of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy of the Netherlands (2018-present).
- Member of the Exam committee, Master-track Science-based Business / Science, Communication & Society, Leiden University (2018-present).
René was an international banker
(Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg, and Vietnam). Now he is performing research
in international contexts and in international projects.
René coaches his kids’ sports teams during the
weekend – field hockey and soccer.
Most relevant publications
- Orij, R. P., Rehman, S., Khan, H., Khan, F. (2021). Is CSR the new competitive environment for CEOs? The association between CEO turnover, corporate social responsibility and board gender diversity: Asian evidence. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, doi:10.1002/csr.2084.
- Hussain, N., Rigoni, U., & Orij, R. P. (in paper 2018, online 2016). Corporate Governance and Sustainability Performance: Analysis of Triple Bottom Line Performance. Journal of Business Ethics: 1-22.
- Orij, R. (2015). Corporate Social and Environmental Reporting Institutionalized. Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, 11(2), 112-123.
- Orij, R.P. & De Bruijn, S.M.M. (2012). Institutionalisering van maatschappelijke ondernemingsverslaggeving, Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, 86e jaargang juli/augustus: 286-294.
- Orij, R.P. (2010), Corporate Social Disclosures in the Context of Culture and Stakeholder Theory, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, vol. 23, no. 7: 868-889.