What are you going to do?
In the module Digitalization & Boardroom Dynamics you get to see digital transformation from a boardroom perspective. We take a deep dive into how executive boards take decisions in response to challenges related to digitalization; how boardroom dynamics work to initiate and to support innovation and digitalization throughout the company; and how a vision is translated into strategy. You will develop the tools to operate with new ideas that sometimes may change existing business models and demand transformational leadership across the organization.
Theory and practice
The module has a strong focus on exchange between theory and practice. It involves a fair amount of case work in teams as we believe that the most precious learnings also come from your peers and their experience, building on the knowledge and experience-sharing of the teachers. We facilitate fruitful interaction, realized via classroom dialogue, discussion, and peer exchange.
The program consists of three blocks:
- Overview of building blocks of innovation and digitalization; creating a burning platform and first phase of understanding board room dynamics.
- Diving deeper into different aspects of digital transformation and driving innovation in an organization; operating in platform and ecosystem driven markets; translating your ideas/solutions into concrete projects; tools for convincing a board to engage in new innovative projects and phase two of understanding board room dynamics and making them work for you.
- Translating academic learnings into practice; transforming your business idea/solution into a one page proposal and pitching your idea for a board as part of the third phase of understanding board room dynamics.
What’s in it for you
- You gain understanding of the impact of new technological changes on society, industries and your organization
- You understand the boardroom dynamics regarding digital transformation processes.
- You can apply tools to take the lead in digital transformation
- You work on a case from your own daily practice, applying the teachings from the module immediately
Why choosing a module of the Modular Executive MBA?
The Digitalization & Boardroom Dynamics module is part of the Modular Executive MBA in Business & IT but can be taken separately. Do you want to follow only this module? That is possible! After successful completion of the module you will receive a certificate. Do you want to follow more modules after this module or even go for a full MBA? That is also possible. To obtain your MBA title, you will follow six minimum modules, two specialization modules, the international study trip and the MBA thesis.
More information? Come to an Experience session.