Poortgebouw (Gate Building)

Coffee merchant Michiel Onnes bought the Nijenrode castle and estate in 1906. He had it restored in a historicized style in the period 1907–1918. The Poortgebouw, designed by the architect H.A. van Heeswijk dates from 1916. Onnes decided to move the stately fence that stood here a bit further to the south. 

Contact

Nyenrode Business Universiteit

Servicedesk

Save the Foundation

The Nyenrode Fund (SNF) is committed to the preservation of the estate and the castle in Breukelen and indicates that the foundation of the castle in particular must be replaced.

Donate